Not exactly an update, as much as an update on plans. We had a family “meeting” in the treehouse this weekend to discuss next steps with the interior painting etc.. and some fun and interesting requests emerged.
1) Zip line access – We have a zip line in the front yard that we can move…this will be tricky to keep it safe, but we think it’s possible…
2) A chalkboard inside - Easy Peasy! We can paint a few of the panels in the chalkboard paint.
3) A refrigerator – Um, no…this is a treehouse, not your college dorm room….next?
4) A TV – See #3….DUH.
5) The bottom bunker built – This is actually top of their wish list. We really wanted our big outdoor project to involve a deer proof vegetable garden this year, but we’re feeling some pressure here. Our answer was: “We’ll think about it.” Still thinking.
6) A poster/collage depicting Godzilla destroying a Minecraft city – COOL!!!! We are a family who geeks out over old 50′s-60′s Godzilla movies…we love them. The boys are also completely obsessed with Minecraft, so this marries their passions on what should be a super fun art project for us…
We’ll be looking to create a combination of these two.
While looking for images, I can across these great vintage Polish and Czech Godzilla movie posters from the 70′s, I love these and I can’t wait to show the boys and see what they think of them.
We concluded our planning session up there with snacks and a round of Life, and I’m so happy that it is only in this game that I would have 3 weddings and both a set of twins AND a set of triplets…phew!
Oh, I almost forgot! I made a mini-tour of the treehouse so far so that new readers don’t have to slog through all those treehouse posts to see the progress of the building.